I’ve had trouble getting SPP to work using my Billionton GUBTCR42 USB bluetooth adapter and my GlobalSat BT-338 GPS. I use the default Windows XP bluetooth drivers. When I tried to add the SPP service of the GPS I got the following message:
“Bluetooth Service Error - Access is denied.”
I finally came up with the following solution:
- Bring up the services console (Start menu → Run → services.msc)
- Locate the “Bluetooth Support Service”
- Right click the service and choose “Properties”
- If the “This account” radio button is checked, that’s the problem.
- Check the “Local System account” radio button instead
- Click “OK”
- Right click the service in the list again, this time choose “Restart”
This worked for me, any idea of why this happens? Please let me know if this worked (or didn’t work) for you.